Prof. Kosmas Galatsis
Assoc. Adjunct Professor
|Professor Kosmas Galatsis
Tel. (310) 874 3024
FAX (310) 825 8621
Nanoelectronics, Novel emerging research logic and memory devices, Alternate State Variable Information Processing, Printed Thin Film Transistors, CNT sensors, Carbon based RF Transistors
MBA, LaTrobe University, Finance Major, Melbourne, Australia, 2003-2004.
PhD, RMIT University, Electrical Engineering, Melbourne, Australia, 1999 – 2002.
B.Eng, Hons, Computer Systems Engineering, RMIT University, Melbourne, Australia, 1995 – 1998.
Area of Thesis Guidance
Nanosensors, nanoelectronics, metal oxide material systems, binary metal oxides, semiconducting metal oxides, gas and liquid nanosensors and nanodevices.
- Exec Director for FCRP FENA Center (www.fena.org)
- Exec Director for the NRI WIN Center (wwww.win-nano.org)
- Exec Director for Center of Excellence - King Abdulaziz City for Science and Technology (KACST) /California Center of Excellence on Nano Science and Engineering for Green and Clean Technologies
- Spin Torque Transfer Memory (STTRAM) DARPA Program
- Non-volatile Logic (NV Logic) DARPA Program
- 1997 Australian Postgraduate Scholarship.
- 1998 Awarded Top-Up Scholarship by the Collaborative Research Center on Microelectronics.
- 1999 Awarded Best IEEE Graduate Paper in Australia, award by IEEE Australia Committee.
- 2000 Awarded Collaborative Scholarship by University of Brescia, Italy.
- 2004 Awarded International Travel Research Grant by The Australian Science Academy.
- 2006 Front cover of "IEEE Circuits and Devices Magazine" based on Emerging Memory Article, May/June.
- 2008 Invited speaker at the International Conference on Nanoscience and Nanotechnology, Melbourne, Australia.
- 2008 Invited presentation at the International Conference on Communication and Cooperation, Tokyo, Japan.
- 2009 US State Department invitation as a nanotechnology representative on the S&T delegation to Cyprus.
- 2009 Front cover of "IEEE Transactions on Nanotechnology" based on Alternative State Variable Paper.
- 2009 US State Department representative on nanotechnology on the S&T delegation to France, Paris.
- 2010 Invitation from US State Department delegate on Center of Excellence and Start-up Incubation at the Joint Commission Meeting, Hanoi, Vietnam.
- K. Galatsis, Kang L Wang, Mihri Ozkan, Cengiz S Ozkan, Yu Huang, Jane P. Chang, Harold G. Monbouquette, Yong Chen, Paul Nealey, Youssry Botros, “Patterning and templating for Nanoelectronics” Advanced Materials, Vol 22, Issue 6, 2010
- K. Galatsis.; Khitun, A.; Ostroumov, R.; Wang, K. L.; Dichtel, W. R.; Plummer, E.; Stoddart, J. F.; Zink, J. I.; Lee, J. Y.; Xie, Y.-H.; Kim, K. W., "Alternate State Variables for Emerging Nanoelectronic Devices", IEEE Transactions on Nanotechnology, Volume: 8 Issue: 1 Page(s): 66-75, Jan. 2009
- K. Galatsis and W. Wlodarski, “Carbon Monoxide Sensors and Systems”, Carbon Monoxide Poisoning CRC Press, London - New York, 2008
- Wang, K.L.; Galatsis, K.; Ostroumov, R.; Khitun, A.; Zhao Zuoming; Han Song, "Nanoarchitectonics for Heterogeneous Integrated Nanosystems," Proceedings of the IEEE , vol.96, no.2, pp.212-229, Feb. 2008.
- V.Zhirnov, R.Calvin, G.Leeming, K.Galatsis. "An assessment of Integrated Digital Cellular Automata Architectures" Computer Magazine, January 2008, pp78.
- K. Galatsis, R. Potok, and K. L. Wang, "A Review of Metrology for Nanoelectronics," Semiconductor Manufacturing, IEEE Transactions on, vol. 20, pp. 542-548, 2007.
- K. Galatsis, K. Wang, Y. Botros, Y. Yang, Y.H. Xie, J.F. Stoddart. R.B. Kaner, C. Ozkan, J.L. Liu, M. Ozkan, C.W. Zhou, K.W. Kim, "Emerging memory devices – Nontraditional possibilities based on nanomaterials and nanostructures", IEEE Circuits & Devices 2006, 22 (3), 12-21.
- K. Galatsis, Y. Li, W. Wlodarski, E. Comini, G. Sberveglieri, “Comparison of single and binary metal oxides of MoO3, TiO2, WO3 for gas sensing” Sensors and Actuators B, Vol B, 83/1-3, March 2002, pp 276-280.
- Book reviewer for Springer on Nanotechnology
- Journal Reviewr IEEE Transactions on Nanotechnology.
- Contributor to International Technology Roadmap for Semiconductors (ITRS) chapters on emerging research materials, architecture & spintronics.
- Member of the Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers (IEEE).
- Organizing committee member for the International Conference on Communication and Cooperation (INC)
MSE 104: Science of Engineering Materials
5289 Boelter Hall
420 Westwood Plaza
3111 Engineering V
Los Angeles, CA 90095-1595